Judges top tips for winning a MKBAA entry
First stage of admissions for MKBAA 2022 closes on 26th November. This is a fantastic opportunity for businesses to reflect on their highlights and share their successes with the wider Milton Keynes business community.
Entry is very simple and is open to any business with an MK postcode. The first stage entry asks businesses to provide some basic information, such as what sectors they work within and how many staff, contractors, or volunteers they have and who their customers are. Organisations are then asked to choose up to two categories to enter and each category has a specific question to answer, and that’s the first stage completed.
Martin Lay, Group Development & Performance Manager, Personal Group - winners of the 2020 theme category for Health & Wellbeing – commented, “The Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards gave a much-needed positive boost to our employees. As we won just before the national lockdown, everyone was entering a period of uncertainty, and sharing some positive news was really great.
“They were easy to enter directly online by drafting the proposed entry and answering some simple questions as a guide. The awards evening was very well organised and really enjoyable too! I would urge other businesses to take part.”
To help businesses who are planning to enter, the MKBAA judging panel has shared their insight on what they are looking for:
- First impressions count – The Stage 1 Entry requires you to answer just one question about the category you are entering and is designed to help you focus on what the judges are looking for. Think carefully about how you present your biggest successes, in the clearest and most concise way.
- What makes you stand out? – Whether you’re new and innovative, or a business that’s been operating for many decades; we want to know what sets you apart from the competition. The MKBAA judging panel are looking for a confident and considered display of your biggest achievements.
- You’re halfway there! – Stage 1 results will be published on 14 December and successful business will be invited to complete Stage 2. Entries for this stage closes on 28 January. It is important to remember that whilst you are a step closer to an award, the judges now need to see the finer details that support your initial submission.
- The devil is in the detail – At this stage we like to see case studies, stats, coverage and anything else that supports your entry. This is your opportunity to have maximum impact on the judges. Each submission is scored impartiality by our six-strong judging panel, and independently verified before a final shortlist is agreed and announced on 4 February.
- Lights, Camera, Action! – Every finalist will be featured on the ‘Big Screen’ at MKBAA 2022, with a short film shown to guests at the Awards dinner. This is your opportunity to shout about your business to potential customers, competitors, and the media.
- Winner – The winners will be announced on 24 March at a glittering Awards Ceremony, which will be held at Stadium MK where guests will enjoy a three course dinner, wine and entertainment.
The theme for the 2022 awards is ‘MK – Leading the UK’s Green Recovery – Survive, Revive & Thrive’ but the entry categories go far and beyond that central topic.
For your chance to pick up a prestigious MKBAA, or to book a table at the awards ceremony, visit www.mkbaa.co.uk. To find out more follow @MK_BAA on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and join the discussion on LinkedIn.